Student Summer Employment Registration Service
Available from January 1 to July 31.
Thank you for your interest in student summer employment with the Government of Alberta. Summer employment provides students with the opportunity to learn about our organization, develop workplace skills, and gain career related experience.
Our Student Summer Employment Registration Service is an easy and efficient way for students to submit their resumes to a centralized database for potential summer employment opportunities with us.
Summer students are typically hired for a period of 2 to 4 months and provide assistance or support to various types of work such as administrative support, research, policy, finance, accounting, forestry, information technology, human services, human resources, communication, environmental science, conservation, tourism, groundskeeping, maintenance, etc.
To be eligible for the Student Summer Employment Registration service, you must:
- Have student status (i.e. be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution).
- Be returning to academic studies in September.
- If you are not a student, please visit www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of our current employment opportunities.
The registration process is easy:
- Answer a few questions.
- Attach your resume.
- Submit your registration!
After you register:
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your resume.
- Your resume will be forwarded to the Student Summer Employment Registration Service resume database available to ministry Human Resource Offices and will be considered for suitable summer employment opportunities that may become available.
- If a suitable summer employment opportunity becomes available, you will be contacted by the ministry hiring for that opportunity to arrange an interview.
- Typically, interviews will be scheduled in March or April for summer employment opportunities beginning in May.
- Your resume will be kept on file until September 1.
- Some ministries may advertise specialized summer employment opportunities on our Government of Alberta Jobs website www.jobs.alberta.ca under the Seasonal category.
We thank all registrants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Student Summer Employment Registration Service,